Tribeca Film Festival 2023 Lineup, Location And Ticket Details
Tribeca film festival 2023 lineup is divided into Feature, Short, and Immersive films. Tribeca Now and Audio Storytelling are based on streaming and broadcasts.
Organized by Tribeca Productions, the annual film festival showcases a diverse selection of films, talks, music, games, art, episodic, immersive programming, audio storytelling, TV, and XR.
It was founded by Robert De Niro, Craig Hatkoff, and Jane Rosenthal in 2001 to prompt economic and cultural revitalization of lower Manhattan after the terrifying September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center.
Until 2020, this grand festival was known as the Tribeca Film Festival. Each year, the event hosts over 600 screenings with around 150,000 attendees and awards independent artists in 23 juried categories.
Highlights from last year's festival, which took place from June 8 to June 19, include the world premiere of the Netflix original documentary film Halftime, starring Jennifer Lopez.
FX's acclaimed series The Bear, starring Jeremy Allen White and Ayo Edebiri, and BJ Novak's feature directional debut Vengeance, starring Novak and Boyd Halbrook, also had their world premiere at the festival in 2022.
Tribeca Film Festival 2023 Lineup Categories
Tribeca Film Festival categories include Feature, Short, and Immersive films. Other lineups are Tribeca Games, Tribeca Now, Audio Storytelling, and X Award.
Tribeca Festival Unveils 2023 Feature Film Lineup
Tribeca Festival recently announced the feature film lineup of its 2023 festival. The features program includes 109 feature films from 127 filmmakers across 36 countries.
There will be 93 world premieres, one international premiere, one U.S. premiere, eight North American premieres, and six New York Premiers.
It will feature 43 first-time directors and 29 returning directors with their latest projects. For the first time, more than half of competitive feature films are directed by women at 68 percent.
Meanwhile, 41 percent (45) of all feature films are directed by women in the lineup. Talking more, BIPOC filmmakers have directed 36 percent (39) of feature films, including two indigenous filmmakers.
The 2023 festival also highlights several movies directed by actors, such as John Slattery's Maggie Moore(s), Duchovny's Bucky F*cking Dent, and Michael Shannon's Eric LaRue.
The lineup includes 53 documentary features across all categories, including the world premiere of Stan Lee, Marvel's first original documentary by Tribeca alumni David Gelb.
The U.S. Narrative Competition lineup includes features films such as:
- Bad Things - Directed and written by Stewart Thorndike
- Cypher - Directed and written by Chris Moukarbel
- The Graduates - Directed and written by Hannah Peterson
- Lost Soulz - Directed and written by Katherine Propper
- Mountains - Directed by Monica Sorelle
- The Secret Art of Human Flight - Directed by H.P. Mendoza
- Smoking Tigers - Directed and written by Shelly Yo
- Somewhere Quiet - Directed and written by Olivia West Lloyd
Lineup categories Short Films, Immersive, Games, Now, Audio Storytelling, and X Award
Short films invited to join the Tribeca Festival 2023 will be shown in the segment considered most appropriate by Festival programmers.
Eligible short projects should fulfill criteria such as length under 40 minutes, animated, documentary, music videos, and experimental films, that have not been publicly screened in NY before the event.
The festival exhibits immersive projects throughout the event to present new forms and uses of media, encouraging innovation in storytelling across a wide range of platforms.
These titles may range from mixed and augmented reality projects, virtual, 360 films, interactive digital or multi-platform projects, 3D films, immersive audio, augmented live performances, and virtual worlds.
Video game projects will be featured throughout the 2023 festival to display this significant medium as a form of art, storytelling, and innovation.
Tribeca Now is a platform that celebrates, discovers, and highlights independent episodic work, including both long and short-form pilots/series of narrative and documentary genres.
Audio storytelling projects selected for the 2023 festival will be reviewed by a varying jury of storytellers. Each selection will garner Tribeca laurels and be qualified to win an award for Audio Storytelling.
X Award is a juried award for storytelling. It is supported by a brand acknowledging the intersection of entertainment and advertising.
Qualified projects include documentary and scripted work for TV, film, social, podcasts, VR/AR, digital, and episodic in both feature or short length. Submitted titles must have a storytelling element.
Tribeca Film Festival Sponsors And Tickets Information
Tribeca Film Festival sponsors are OKX, At&T, CHANEL, Spring and DIAGEO OKX ia its first cryptocurrency partner and sponsor.
In 2022, the event added gaming, music, VR/AR, and podcasting experiences over the years to its core in film, TV, and series.
Tribeca said a cryptocurrency partner would support the exploration of new frontiers of artistic expression.
"Cryptocurrency is opening up new doors for artists to explore the boundaries of storytelling, and the Tribeca Festival is proud to be at the forefront of this evolution," said Jane Rosenthal, CEO of Tribeca.
How to get 2023 Tribeca Festival tickets?
Unlike other film festivals, such as Cannes, which are restricted to invited guests, Tribeca Festival is open to the public.
Tribeca film festival tickets package and passes are divided into various categories with prices as high as $1350 and as low as $25. Tickets will remain on sale throughout the event.
In-Person passes and tickets include:
- Hudson Pass at $1350 - Access for one to attend Opening Night or Closing Night Gala, festival screenings/events and Immersive exhibits, Tribeca Talks; access to Tribeca At Home virtual programming
- Matinee Pass at $100 - Access for one to all regular screenings; start time prior to 5:30 pm Mon-Fri
- Awards Day Pass at $60 - Access for one to all Award Winner
- 12 Ticket Package at $300 - Online selection period prior to on-sale dates (online or by phone)
- 8 Ticket Package at $200 - Online selection period prior to on-sale dates (online or by phone)
- Tribeca X Day Pass at $499 - An event that celebrates the intersection of advertising and entertainment
- 2023 NFT Pass at $899 - Access to a private look at the Games and Immersive experiences; select screenings and parties
Tribeca At Home is available from June 19-July 2 via Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and as a standard app on iOs and Android.
- At Home Festival Pass at $150 - Access to virtual content
- At Home Shorts Pass at $25 - Access for one to entire Virtual Short Film program
- At Home Awards Pass at $50 - Access for one to all Virtual Award Winner Screenings on July 1 and July 2
Event Location And Dates
The Tribeca film festival location for 2023 will be New York City. It is an annual film festival celebrated each spring in NYC.
For over 20 years, the festival has been a platform for groundbreaking storytelling from renowned and rising talents. It continues to explore creative innovation across TV, film, talks, and more.
The event brings artists and audiences together to embrace storytelling in all its forms. With strong roots in independent films, Tribeca is for immersive entertainment and creative expression.
It champions emerging and established voices, curates innovative experiences, discovers award-winning filmmakers, and introduces new ideas and technology.
Tribeca Festival will celebrate its 22nd year from June 7-18, 2023
The 22nd edition of the Tribeca Festival prepares to unspool in NYC June 7-18, 2023. Tribeca X will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at Tribeca Festival Hub at Spring Studios.
If you're an audio storyteller or filmmaker who alongside a brand has created a project involving a storytelling element, don't miss your chance to submit your project for the Tribeca X Award.
Tribeca Festival will take place from June 7-18, 2023 in New York City.
When is Tribeca Film Festival 2023?
Tribeca Festival will take place from June 7-18, 2023 in New York City.
Tribeca Festival Award Types And Winning Movies
Tribeca film festival awards are given in different competition categories such as U.S. narrative, international narrative, documentary, and more.
Here we list the award categories and the respective winners of the 2022 edition of the festival:
U.S. Narrative Competition
- Best U.S. Narrative Feature - Sarah Elizabeth Mintz, Good Girl Jane
- Best Performance in a U.S. Narrative Feature Film - Rain Spencer in Good Girl Jane
- Best Cinematography in a U.S. Narrative Feature Film - Azuli Anderson, Next Exit
- Best Screenplay in a U.S. Narrative Feature Film - Written by Snyder and Elizabeth Rodriguez, Allswell
International Narrative Competition
- Best International Narrative Feature - January
- Best New Narrative Filmmaker
- Best Performance in an International Narrative Feature - Dorota Pomykala for Woman on a Roof
- Best Screenplay in an International Narrative Feature - Martin Boulocq and Rodrigo Hasbun, The Visitor
- Best Cinematography in an International Narrative Feature - Jan Mayntz, We Might As Well BeDead
- Best Documentary Feature - The Cave of Adullam
- Best Cinematography in a Documentary - The Wild One
- Best Documentary Editing - The Cave of Adullam
Best New Narrative Director Competition
- Best New Narrative Director - Michelle Garza Cervera for Huesera
Best New Documentary Director Competition
- Best New Documentary Director - Edward Buckles Jr for Katrina Babies
Nora Ephron Prize
- Nora Ephron Award - Michelle Garza Cervera for Huesera
- Best Documentary Short - Heart Valley
- Best Narrative Short - Night Ride
- Student Visionary - Daydreamers
- Best Animated Short - More Than I Remember
Tribeca Games Competition
- Tribeca Games Award - Thirsty Suitors
Tribeca Immersive Competition
- Storyscapes Award - Kubo Walks The City
- New Voices Award - LGBTQ+VR Museum
Tribeca Audio Storytelling Competition
- Best Audio Storytelling in Nonfiction - Mother Country Radicals
- Best Audio Storytelling in Fiction - The Hollowed Out
Straight Jokes No Chaser Lineup and 2023 Tour Dates
Straight Jokes No Chaser lineup are Mike Epps, Cedric the Entertainer, Earthquake, DL Hughley, and DC Young Fly. The upcoming event is scheduled on October 20. One of the top acts in the 2023 comedy world, Straight Jokes No Chaser Comedy Tour has be...
Is Taylor Swift Going To The Met Gala 2023?
No, Taylor Swift will not be attending The Met Gala 2023. The singer is currently on the road for her concert The Eras tour. Met Gala, formerly known as the Costume Institute Benefit, is an annual fundraising event. Founded by fashion publicist Elea...
From Boring Holiday To An Adventure: Here Are All The Superstore Christmas Episodes
This Christmas season we will love to go back and remember all the great Christmas episodes that Superstore ever put out. Everyone will enjoy watching the hilarious workplace comedy Superstore, especially those who have experience working in customer...
CBS Airs Grio Awards & Fans Are Utterly Confused - Here Is Your Guide
Currently, CBS in the United States is broadcasting The Grio Awards 2022. The Grio, an American news website targeted at African Americans, presents The Grio Awards annually across various categories. The first-ever "Byron Allen Presents theGrio Awar...