Tippi Hedren is an American actress, animal welfare activist and former model. Tippi Hedren is widely known for her work in the suspense-thriller “The Birds”, the psychological drama “Marnie” (1964) and her appearances as a front cover model in Life and Glamour magazines.
- Birthday: 19th January, 1930 (age 88)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Mixed (Swedish and American)
- Profession: American actress, Animal welfare activist and former model
Tippi Hedren Spouse and Daughter Melanie Griffith
Tippi Hedren has married and divorced three times with Luis Barrenechea (m. 1985–1995), Noel Marshall (m. 1964–1982), and Peter Griffith (m. 1952–1961).
Later, She got engaged to her longtime sweetheart veterinarian Martin Dinnes in 2002. Hedren, however, broke up with Martin in the mid-2008.
- Parents: Bernard Carl and Dorothea Henrietta Hedren
- Husband: Martin Dinnes
- Children: Melanie Griffith (Daughter)
- Marital Status: Divorced
She was born to Bernard Carl and Dorothea Henrietta Hedren in New Ulm, Minnesota and moved to Minneapolis when she was four years old.
She used to take part in department store fashion shows during her high schooling. In her 20th birthday, she moved to New York, joined Eileen Ford Agency and began her career with the musical comedy “Petty Girl”.
During her career, she was prone to severe headaches which hampered her projects. Later, she got a titanium plate put in her neck which helped improve her condition.
The headaches again returned after a gallon of water fell into her head while rehearsing a scene. She had to file a suit to receive compensation for her inability to work.
Due to her lawyer’s negligence, she lost the case which again led her to file a case against her lawyer’s misconduct. In the end, she ended up not receiving any recompense for the damage.
Tippi Hedren Body Measurements, Height and Weight
Tippi Hedren body measurements is nearly perfect. Hedren has hourglass shaped figure and looks slim in appearance. The blue-eyed actress, Tippi is a natural blondie and stands at the height of 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm).
She is a charming personality and looks well coordinated in front of the camera. Despite her age, she still manages to look smart and sexy. No wonder, the adorable woman has lots of fans worldwide.
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm)
- Weight: 56 kg
- Body Measurements: 34-24-32 inches
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
Tippi Hedren – Movies and T.V Shows
Tippi Hedren had a highly successful modelling career in the 1950’s and the 1960’s. Hedren appeared in the covers of “The Saturday Evening Post” and McCall’s.
Alfred Hitchcock got fascinated by Tippi Hedren while watching her in a commercial for a diet drink called “Sego”.
Later, she was starred in the television series ”Alfred Hitchcock Presents”. Her acting skills were impressive which later landed her into the lead role in “The Birds”. Tippi later mentioned that Hitchcock was obsessed by her and assaulted her sexually.
- 1975: Worked for the development of Vietnamese-Americans salons in the US by employing a manicurist and teaching them the required skills and helping the women to find jobs. Later, Hedren’s work got pictured and received the Best Documentary Short at the Sonoma International Film Festival in 2014.
- 1981: Produced the movie “Roar” (11-year project) which included dozens of African Lions and later led to the establishment of the facility “Roar Foundation” in California, preserving almost 70 animals. Documentaries were made related to the project ” Lions: Kings of the Serengeti (1995)”, recited by Melanie Griffith and Animal Planet’s “Life with Big Cats (1998)”.
- 1982-present: Starred in television series “Hart to Hart”, horror series “Tales from the Darkside”, starred in the episode of “The New Alfred Hitchcock Presents”, movies “Pacific Heights (1990”), “The Bold and the Beautiful (soap opera)”, “The Birds II: Land’s End”, movies “Dream On”, “Citizen Ruth”, “I Woke Up Early the Day I Died”, “Psycho”, I Heart Huckabees, TV series “Chicago Hope”, “The 4400 (2006)”, “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008)” and “Raising Hope”.
Tippi Hedren Net Worth
How much is Tippi Hedren worth? Tippi Hedren net worth is estimated to be around $20 million but her salary is not yet revealed to the media. Hedren, with her award-winning performances in many movies and her career as a former model, has helped her to gain huge riches and live lavishly.
The 88-year-old diva has been honored with many awards including the Jules Verne and Golden Globe awards.
She has also been enlisted in the “Hollywood Walk of Fame”. In 1983, she started her own non-profit organization “Roar Foundation” to support “The Shambala Preserve”, a wildlife habitat to care and preserve the lions and tigers.
- Salary: N/A
- Net Worth: $20 million
Hedren has even published autobiography related to her life “Tippi: A Memoir”. No wonder, the dazzling diva is a huge success.