O. J. Simpson, also known as “The Juice”, is a former National Football League (NFL) running back.
O. J. Simpson is also an actor, spokesman, broadcaster and an armed robber/kidnapper who is widely known for the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.
- Birthday: 9th July, 1947 (age 70)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Black
- Profession: Athlete, Football player, Actor and Criminal
O. J. Simpson Family & Children
O.J. Simpson married his girlfriend Nicole Brown on February 2, 1985, and got divorced on February 25, 1992. Simpson has two children from Nicole, Sydney Brooke Simpson (b. 1985) and Justin Ryan Simpson (b. 1988).
Previously, he was married to Marguerite Lashone Whitley and has three children from her, Arnelle Lashone Simpson (b. 1968), Jason Lashone Simpson (b. 1970) and Aaren Lashone Simpson (1977–1979). Aaren died due to drowning in the family’s swimming pool. O.J. was still married to his first wife when he dated Nicole. He also dated Christie Prody from 1997 to 2008.
- Parents: Eunice Simpson (Mother) and Jimmy Lee Simpson (Father)
- Wife: Marguerite Lashone Whitley and Nicole Brown
- Children: Arnelle Lashone Simpson, Jason Lashone Simpson, Aaren Lashone Simpson, Sydney Brooke Simpson and Justin Ryan Simpson
- Marital Status: Divorced
Born to a hospital administrator and chef and bank custodian, Simpson was brought up and raised in San Francisco, California. He has a brother named Melvin Leon “Truman” Simpson and two sisters, one of which is deceased. He is pretty close to his eldest child Arnelle. He was raised by his mother after their parents got separated in 1952. Later, his father died of AIDS.
The famous athlete was charged with the murder of his wife Nicole and her friend Goldman. Although lead prosecutor Marcia Clark had strong shreds of evidence against him, Simpson’s lawyer Johnnie Cochran very tactfully dismissed the case by proving her wrong. Finally, on October 3, 1995, the case got closed as he was proven not guilty of the crime.
Besides these charges, Simpson has also been accused of pirating broadcasting signals using illegal electronic devices, water speeding, suspicion of money laundering and burglary of an occupied conveyance. He has been involved with the famous Las Vegas robbery case taking sports memorabilia at gunpoint. Simpson, along with the other three, was charged with criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, assault, robbery and using a deadly weapon.
The Nevada Parole Board granted Simpson parole on some charges on July 31st, 2013, but his imprisonment continued based on the weapons and assault charges. However, on October 1st, 2017, he was released after having served 9 years in prison.
O.J. Simpson is a professional first black athlete to become a superstar. Simpson played running back for USC (University of South Carolina) in 1967 and 1968 and was also enrolled in the College Football Hall of Fame in 1983 and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985.
The popular competitor played in the NFL as a running back mainly with the Buffalo Bills (1969-1977) for 11 seasons.
- 1968: Gained fame by setting the NCAA records and winning the Heisman Trophy.
- 1973: Became the first NFL player to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a single season. He is the only player to achieve the record for the single season yards-per-game average, which stands at 143.1.
- 1974: Played the movie “The Towering Inferno” and “The Klansman”.
- 1988: Played the role as an assistant detective in the movie “The Naked Gun (1988)”.
- 2016: Simpson is portrayed by Cuba Gooding Junior in FX’s cable TV miniseries “The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story”.
Besides his acting career, he also worked as a commentator for Monday Night Football and The NFL on NBC. He has been associated with a number of brand and products including appearances in the TV commercials and ads. Some of his associates’ brands include Hertz Rental Car Agency, RC Cola, HoneyBaked Ham, pX Corporation and Napa Naturals soft drinks.
O. J. Simpson Net Worth
O. J. Simpson net worth is $3 million and receives a yearly pension of $300,000. Simpson had an estimated net worth of $11 million before his criminal trial for murdering his wife and her friend.
The 70-year-old has lost most of his bearings after he was made to pay $33.5 million to both of the victim’s family. As of July 2017, the debt from the lawsuit was estimated to be around $58 million.
- Salary: $300,000 per year
- Net Worth: $3 million